Saturday, March 12, 2011

Books by Blurb

Well, I finally got my book from Blurb, and I must say I'm a bit disappointed. Their print quality was fine and I got my book in time to present it, however they left 2 entire pages out! Also, they let me know AFTER I had uploaded my PDFs that there were further formatting issues. Overall, not a very efficient site. They'll be hearing from me soon and perhaps I can corrected re-print.
As far as my project is concerned, I'm pleased with the way it turned out. My models were fantastic and, thanks to all those who I mentioned in my previous post, all the lighting and cropping details turned out flawlessly.

As much fun as this project was, I don't see myself continuing it any time soon. The next subject I'd be interested in looking into would be the idea of self image and a more up-to-date examination of how our society places value on perfection. At the moment, I think that will result in a portfolio of self-portraits, but we'll see what inspiration some (fingers crossed!) warmer weather brings. Congratulations to all my classmates on projects well done!

2 comments:

  1. One thing I have learnt from taking digital processes class is that, you are always learning at every stage and every project. Honestly, your book turned out very well and the cover page itself was very enticing. This is coming from someone working with displays. You did well with your touch-ups and color schemes which produced a very nice results. Congratulations and i hope to see your project grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than the production problems with the book (contact Blurb to determine why it happened and ask if you can get a free reprint), it turned out well. We were hoping you would post a link to the final book so readers could purchase it. From the pseudo art-history-text-book cover design to the desaturated digital images inside, the concept of contemporary people striking the poses of figures from the past questions notions of clarity in communication and how inaccessible the formerly obvious becomes in time. This project is more innovative than your new idea of "self-portraits and perfection" which has become somewhat of an cliche but that doesn't mean you can't bring something new to the table in the 21st century.

    ReplyDelete